Karl Marx street (formerly Bolshaya, Bolshaya Pershpektivnaya) is a street in Pravoberezhniy district of the city of Irkutsk. It is one of two main and one of the oldest streets of the city. In 1726 the district of Irkutsk was surrounded by a
By the decision of the city council the remains of fortifications were destroyed; and a new street was built at that place. That street was called Bolshaya Pershpektivnaya, or just Bolshaya.